Upping its ante against former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, the AAP on Monday demanded strict action against her in connection with the Rs 3,000 crore unauthorised colonies scam.
“The latest report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), now with the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, corroborates the findings of the former Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin on the issue,” the party claimed.
“In place of taking action against her for fooling poor people living in unauthorised colonies by providing them regularization certificates without ensuring basic amenities like water connections, roads, sewers and drainage lines between during her tenure, she was made the Governor of Kerela,” it said in a statement.
The party has also alleged that according to the CAG, there are virtually no sewer lines in around 895 colonies and nearly half of these are without roads and drainage lines.
“In complete violation of the Supreme Court judgment of 2006, in which it was clearly laid down that no government can regularise unauthorised colonies without providing basic facilities, Dikshit’s Congress government went ahead with regularising the colonies,” the party said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government had on February 3 recommended to the President strictest possible action against Dikshit in the matter.