Two youths were charred to death, while their uncle sustained severe burn injuries after the Santro they were travelling in caught fire. The incident was reported from Southwest Delhi’s Kapashera border area late Wednesday.
The two brothers — Pankaj (19) and Sumit (16) — died on the spot. Police said they sustained 100 per cent burns. Their uncle Yashveer (30), a Delhi Police constable, was rushed to Safdarjung hospital.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Southwest) Suman Goel said, “The Santro with a Haryana numberplate caught fire near Gurgaon border in Bijwasan. Two youths died while the driver of the car sustained burn injuries. The reason of the fire is not yet known. Prima facie, it appears that a short circuit led to the fire. The investigation is on.”
Eyewitnesses told police that the car was moving when the engine suddenly caught fire and the three occupants got trapped inside.
The rear doors of the car reportedly got jammed and the boys were not able to escape. Yashveer, who was the driving car, kicked open the door on his side and escaped. “Eyewitnesses told us that the car was engulfed in flames in no time,” a police officer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Passersby made a PCR call and also informed the Fire department.
“Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot. But by the time the fire tenders reached the spot, the youths had already died. The bodies were recovered from the car after extinguishing the blaze,” a Fire department official said.
Police said the occupants did not realise that the engine was heating up and switched on the air conditioner. This put more load on the engine. The car was moving when it caught fire. The doors got jammed and it became difficult for the occupants to escape. Police said they had no information on whether the car had a central-locking system or not.