Two women from Jharkhand were allegedly raped by unidentified persons in North-East Delhi’s Bhajanpura area, police has said.
The girls told police that an unidentified accused first won their confidence by promising to help them get their railway tickets confirmed and then gave them sedative-laced drinks, raped them and left them in an unconscious state separately at isolated places in the Bhajanpura area.
The 21 and 24-year-old victims had done their graduation from an institution in Gurgaon and had come to NCR on June 2 to collect some documents. They were supposed return to Jharkhand on June 5.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to police, the duo went to the Anand Vihar railway station where they found that their tickets had not been confirmed.
But they “met a person who offered to get their return tickets confirmed” and said he would take them to old Delhi railway station for the same.
The girls told police that, on their way there in an autorickshaw, he gave them a drink laced with sedatives that made them unconscious.
When the duo regained consciousness, they found themselves in Bhajanpura place.
With the help of locals, they contacted police. A medical examination of the duo showed that they had been sexually assaulted.