Two women from Jharkhand were allegedly raped by unidentified persons in North-East Delhi’s Bhajanpura area, police has said.
The girls told police that an unidentified accused first won their confidence by promising to help them get their railway tickets confirmed and then gave them sedative-laced drinks, raped them and left them in an unconscious state separately at isolated places in the Bhajanpura area.
The 21 and 24-year-old victims had done their graduation from an institution in Gurgaon and had come to NCR on June 2 to collect some documents. They were supposed return to Jharkhand on June 5.
According to police, the duo went to the Anand Vihar railway station where they found that their tickets had not been confirmed.
But they “met a person who offered to get their return tickets confirmed” and said he would take them to old Delhi railway station for the same.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The girls told police that, on their way there in an autorickshaw, he gave them a drink laced with sedatives that made them unconscious.
When the duo regained consciousness, they found themselves in Bhajanpura place.
With the help of locals, they contacted police. A medical examination of the duo showed that they had been sexually assaulted.