Two engineering students drowned in a swimming pool at a club in Ghaziabad on Tuesday night, police said.
Police said Prateek Singhal and Utkarsh Arya, both aged 22, were students at AKG Engineering College in Ghaziabad. On Tuesday evening, they had gone to the club with five others.
“No FIR has been lodged so far. We are still to talk to their families, but we are talking to club officials and others present at the scene to find out what happened,” a police officer said.
“The incident took place around 9.30 pm. Eyewitnesses said the two students were at the deep end of the pool when they drowned. There were life-jackets kept around the pool, but the two students could not be saved,” the officer said.
Police said the bodies have been sent for post-mortem examination to a hospital in Delhi. Police said they were speaking to others present at the scene to find out what exactly happened. The club authorities, when contacted, said a life-guard was present by the poolside but by the time he became aware of the situation and reacted, it was too late. They added that the students were “at the deep end and had probably not taken adequate precautions”.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked