Two persons were killed while 11 others, including a woman, were injured when a three storey under-construction building collapsed this afternoon in Sadar Bazar area in north Delhi.
“Two people were killed and 11 were injured when an under-construction multi-storey building collapsed in Sadar Bazar’s Gali Barna area,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai said.
While one body was pulled out of the rubble, another man died while being rushed to a hospital, he said.
“Operations to remove the debris are on. Some more people may be trapped in the debris,” a police officer said, adding that the deceased were in their late 20’s and were believed to working at the construction site.
According to the Delhi Fire Service officials, a call was received by them at around 12:55 PM after which five fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
They said three JCB excavating machines have been sent to the spot to remove the debris and rescue operations were going on.
The police said the identities of the deceased were yet to be established. “The injured persons were mostly labourers who were working there,” it said.
The injured have been admitted to the Sushruta Trauma Centre at Hindu Rao Hospital and Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
“One of the injured is stated to be critical,” the police officer said.
He said the construction work was going on there on the second and third floors.