Two persons were killed while 11 others, including a woman, were injured when a three storey under-construction building collapsed this afternoon in Sadar Bazar area in north Delhi.
“Two people were killed and 11 were injured when an under-construction multi-storey building collapsed in Sadar Bazar’s Gali Barna area,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai said.
While one body was pulled out of the rubble, another man died while being rushed to a hospital, he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Operations to remove the debris are on. Some more people may be trapped in the debris,” a police officer said, adding that the deceased were in their late 20’s and were believed to working at the construction site.
According to the Delhi Fire Service officials, a call was received by them at around 12:55 PM after which five fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
They said three JCB excavating machines have been sent to the spot to remove the debris and rescue operations were going on.
The police said the identities of the deceased were yet to be established. “The injured persons were mostly labourers who were working there,” it said.
The injured have been admitted to the Sushruta Trauma Centre at Hindu Rao Hospital and Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
“One of the injured is stated to be critical,” the police officer said.
He said the construction work was going on there on the second and third floors.