A 27-year-old TV actor, who also runs an acting academy in Outer Delhi’s Rohini, Sector-7, was arrested on Monday after one of his students accused him of molesting her over a period of time.
A case of molestation and criminal intimidation was registered against him after the woman lodged a police complaint in this regard.
The actor, identified as Sushil Maan, runs an institute named SM Cine and TV Acting Academy that offers a certificate course and a diploma in TV and film acting, police said. It has over 100 students on its rolls. Maan, police said, has acted in many popular TV serials, including Mata Ki Chowki (Sahara One), Devo Ke Dev Mahadev (Life OK), Jai Jai Bajarangbali (Sahara One), Ganesh Leela (Sahara One), Diya aur Bati Hum (Star Plus), among others.
A senior police officer said, “Maan has been running the academy in Rohini, Sector-7, since 2013. The complainant, who was pursuing a diploma degree, alleged that she was molested by Maan over a period of five months and was also threatened with dire consequence if she told anyone about it.”
In a statement to police, the woman said Maan used to molest her on the pretext of giving her training for facial exercises. She alleged that Maan started to touch her inappropriately during exercises. She stated that she did not complain before as he had threatened to ruin her career if she did that. The woman said she finally lodged a complaint as she could not tolerate it any further.
“We have not received a complaint from other students as of now. But since this matter has come to the fore, we will record the statements of other students as well to ascertain if they were also molested or ill-treated by the accused,” the officer said.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation