A 27-year-old TV actor, who also runs an acting academy in Outer Delhi’s Rohini, Sector-7, was arrested on Monday after one of his students accused him of molesting her over a period of time.
A case of molestation and criminal intimidation was registered against him after the woman lodged a police complaint in this regard.
The actor, identified as Sushil Maan, runs an institute named SM Cine and TV Acting Academy that offers a certificate course and a diploma in TV and film acting, police said. It has over 100 students on its rolls. Maan, police said, has acted in many popular TV serials, including Mata Ki Chowki (Sahara One), Devo Ke Dev Mahadev (Life OK), Jai Jai Bajarangbali (Sahara One), Ganesh Leela (Sahara One), Diya aur Bati Hum (Star Plus), among others.
A senior police officer said, “Maan has been running the academy in Rohini, Sector-7, since 2013. The complainant, who was pursuing a diploma degree, alleged that she was molested by Maan over a period of five months and was also threatened with dire consequence if she told anyone about it.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
In a statement to police, the woman said Maan used to molest her on the pretext of giving her training for facial exercises. She alleged that Maan started to touch her inappropriately during exercises. She stated that she did not complain before as he had threatened to ruin her career if she did that. The woman said she finally lodged a complaint as she could not tolerate it any further.
“We have not received a complaint from other students as of now. But since this matter has come to the fore, we will record the statements of other students as well to ascertain if they were also molested or ill-treated by the accused,” the officer said.