Indian veteran cricketers association chief Chetan Chauhan refused to commit on the teams tour to Pakistan in September this year,saying that a final call will be taken only after getting the clearance from the government.
Talking to Sportline a day after his Pakistani counterpart Fawad Ejaz insisted that the tour was on,Chauhan said that they were yet to receive a revised schedule. First they have to send us a new schedule,based on which we will need to get clearance from the government about touring Pakistan, he said.
Talking about the worsening situation in Pakistan,he added that the tour would only happen if approved by the government. Let me make myself clear,I am not saying no to the tour,but in these circumstances we have to go by what the government decides. Besides,we are yet to know the tour dates. Once that happens,we will take things forward from there, he added.
The tour has already been postponed due to security issues twice. We were ready to go Pakistan last time,but Mumbai attack happened and we were advised no to tour. Before that,general elections were being held in Pakistan so we had to hold back, he said.