Tomato prices continue to remain high at Rs 80 per kg in retail markets of national capital region on short supplies.
In the wholesale market of Azadpur, tomato – a key kitchen ingriedent – is available at Rs 30-40 per kg depending on the quality. At Mother Dairy’s Safal outlets, tomatoes are being sold at Rs 56 per kg, but the local vendors are charging anything between Rs 70-80 per kg.
“The tomato prices are still ruling at Rs 56 per kg as supplies continue to remain under stress,” Mother Dairy’s Fruit and Vegetable Business Head Pradipta Sahoo said when asked about the reason for spike in price of the commodity.
Tomato Merchants Association General Secretary at Azadpur Mandi Subhash Chuk said prices have been stable in the last few days at Rs 25-40 per kg, as there has not been any improvement in supplies.
Traders also added that tomato prices have not cooled down as supplies from Himachal Pradesh are almost exhausted and at the same time the wholesale prices in other major supplying states Maharashtra and Karnataka are also ruling high compared to last year’s prices. According to the Department of Consumer Affairs latest data, prices of tomatoes in the country are as high as Rs 100 per kg in the PortBlair, followed by Rs 80 per kg in Indore and Ranchi. According to data, the average price of tomato is at Rs 26 per kg.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest