Tomato prices continue to remain high at Rs 80 per kg in retail markets of national capital region on short supplies.
In the wholesale market of Azadpur, tomato – a key kitchen ingriedent – is available at Rs 30-40 per kg depending on the quality. At Mother Dairy’s Safal outlets, tomatoes are being sold at Rs 56 per kg, but the local vendors are charging anything between Rs 70-80 per kg.
“The tomato prices are still ruling at Rs 56 per kg as supplies continue to remain under stress,” Mother Dairy’s Fruit and Vegetable Business Head Pradipta Sahoo said when asked about the reason for spike in price of the commodity.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Tomato Merchants Association General Secretary at Azadpur Mandi Subhash Chuk said prices have been stable in the last few days at Rs 25-40 per kg, as there has not been any improvement in supplies.
Traders also added that tomato prices have not cooled down as supplies from Himachal Pradesh are almost exhausted and at the same time the wholesale prices in other major supplying states Maharashtra and Karnataka are also ruling high compared to last year’s prices. According to the Department of Consumer Affairs latest data, prices of tomatoes in the country are as high as Rs 100 per kg in the PortBlair, followed by Rs 80 per kg in Indore and Ranchi. According to data, the average price of tomato is at Rs 26 per kg.