To ensure that police officers,government officials and drivers who will be on polling duty on December 4 get to cast their votes,the Delhi Election Commission has identified dates and centres for each of the three categories so that they can vote through postal ballots before polling day.
Aiming for a high turnout this year,the election commission has segregated the polling staff into three groups. The police officers,government staff and drivers of private officials will cast their votes through postal ballots on different dates. We have identified 26 centres for police officers who can go between November 25 and December 1,to submit their postal ballots at facilitation counters. The District Election Offices will look into whether police officers,whose data they have,turned up or not, said special Chief Electoral Officer Shurbir Singh.
Similarly,the government officials will be asked to submit their postal ballots between November 26 and 27 at 10-15 centres which will be set up at places where they go for training. The private drivers on election duty will be asked to give their postal ballots from November 24 to 27 at various centres where officials from the transport department will be made nodal officers to oversee that they turn up, added Singh. All centres will have sealed boxes.
Since the commission already has the number of polling staff on polling duty,it will compare it to the number of postal forms received by them. We are actively pursing the matter of ensuring that all officials on polling duty cast their votes through postal ballots. The turnout was not as good in the past years as the matter was left with the ballot being posted but we are hoping to get at least 90% response this year, an official said.
According to senior officials,there are over 11,763 polling stations in Delhi,which will have five polling staff each besides 20 per cent polling personnel in reserve and 1,200 sector officers to ensure smooth coordination. Besides,there will be nearly 30,000 police officers on duty.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile,to ensure smooth operation of DTC buses,drivers,conductors and field staff have been excused from election duty.