Delhi is set to get its fourth inter-state bus terminus (ISBT) in Dwarka, with the Transport department already looking to appoint an architect to draw up the design for the project.
“The Dwarka inter-state terminal will come up opposite Dwarka Sector-21 Metro station. We are going to appoint an architect for this project soon. There is a requirement to come up with an ISBT in Dwarka to decongest the city. This is being planned keeping in mind future growth in Dwarka sub-city,” an official said.
The other three ISBTs in the capital are located in Kashmere Gate, Anand Vihar and Sarai Kale Khan. While the one at Kashmere Gate was recently renovated, the Transport department is expected to take up similar renovation work at the terminals in Sarai Kale Khan and Anand Vihar.
“We are hoping to start work in Sarai Kale Khan soon. An amendment was required in the Master Plan-2021, which is now awaiting clearance from Ministry of Urban Development. For the Anand Vihar terminal, we will need to rework the plan,’’ an official said.
Meanwhile, to ensure last mile connectivity in Dwarka sub-city, the Transport department has also invited expression of interest from consultancy firms to conduct a study on the route plan for optimum utilisation of public transport needs in the area.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The decision was taken after a meeting of the high power committee on air and water pollution. “Since the Dwarka sub-city is still coming up, we were asked to come up with a transport plan by the Lt-Governor,” an official said.
The route plan study area covers the entire Dwarka sub-city, consisting of all sectors of Dwarka from Dabri More to Kakrola More and Palam More, Mangla Puri to Pochanpur. It will cover all DTC bus depots, bus queue shelters as well as Metro stations in the area.
“The modes of transport include cycle rickshaws, e-rickshaws, auto-rickshaws, taxis, RTV buses, Metro feeder buses, stage carriage buses and gramin seva. A route plan will be made and will require transport need analysis of the Dwarka region,” the official said.
“We have asked for the preliminary report to be submitted within six months. The final report will be submitted in nine months,’’ an official said.