Raju Parasnath, who has spent eight years in Tihar on the charges of murder, has secured a place as Assistant Business Development Manager for the salary of Rs. 35,000 per month with Taj Mahal group.
Parasnath, who earned the highest package, had completed Bachelor of Social work from IGNOU during his stay in jail.
“I came here when I was 18-years-old charged for murder. My sentence was reduced keeping in mind my good behaviour. I completed my graduation in Tihar and have now got a job. I hope I will do justice to myself and my employers,” said Parasnath.
As many as 66 Tihar inmates, who are on the verge of completing their sentences, were on Tuesday hired by private companies during a recruitment drive at the jail premises.
Vedanta group and IDEIM India pvt ltd offered the highest number of placements while Taj Mahal group offered the highest package to Raju Parasnath.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Most of the inmates will join soon after the completion of their sentences, said officials at Tihar.
Thirty one companies participated in the event and the selection criteria was based on the inmates’ good conduct and educational qualification.
They got jobs according to their skill and education, however, no women inmate participated in the placement drive.
Director General (Prisons) Vimla Mehra congratulated the candidates and also heard their complaints and grievances
regarding the jail.