Delhi seems to have become a haven for auto lifters with three vehicles being stolen every hour in the national capital. According to Delhi Police data, only one mobile handset goes missing during the same period. The data recorded between January 1 and June 20 this year shows that 13,976 vehicles were stolen in the capital, while the number of stolen mobile phones was 5,590.
On an average, three vehicles are lifted in different parts of Delhi every one hour. East Delhi, with prominent areas like Shakarpur, Mayur
Vihar and Anand Vihar, has topped the chart with registering 2,110 cases of theft of vehicles including cars, bikes and other motor vehicles.
East Delhi is followed by northeast Delhi with 1,913 cases, southeast with 1,667 and south Delhi with 1,290 cases. Interestingly, east Delhi district stands at last position in terms of cases of stolen mobile phones with a number of 390, while southeast Delhi topped the chart with
New Delhi district with VIP areas like Parliament Street, Tughlak Road, Raisina Road and Connaught Place recorded the lowest number of vehicle theft cases at 133. Other areas where vehicle theft cases were reported are central district (699 cases), north district (657 cases) and outer district (1,477 cases) in the span of 201 days.
The number of cases of mobile handsets stolen/missing stands at south Delhi 2, New Delhi 284 and southwest Delhi 2,091, according to the data.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More