Delhi seems to have become a haven for auto lifters with three vehicles being stolen every hour in the national capital. According to Delhi Police data, only one mobile handset goes missing during the same period. The data recorded between January 1 and June 20 this year shows that 13,976 vehicles were stolen in the capital, while the number of stolen mobile phones was 5,590.
On an average, three vehicles are lifted in different parts of Delhi every one hour. East Delhi, with prominent areas like Shakarpur, Mayur
Vihar and Anand Vihar, has topped the chart with registering 2,110 cases of theft of vehicles including cars, bikes and other motor vehicles.
East Delhi is followed by northeast Delhi with 1,913 cases, southeast with 1,667 and south Delhi with 1,290 cases. Interestingly, east Delhi district stands at last position in terms of cases of stolen mobile phones with a number of 390, while southeast Delhi topped the chart with
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
New Delhi district with VIP areas like Parliament Street, Tughlak Road, Raisina Road and Connaught Place recorded the lowest number of vehicle theft cases at 133. Other areas where vehicle theft cases were reported are central district (699 cases), north district (657 cases) and outer district (1,477 cases) in the span of 201 days.
The number of cases of mobile handsets stolen/missing stands at south Delhi 2, New Delhi 284 and southwest Delhi 2,091, according to the data.