A second fire on Friday gutted three shops in Central Delhi’s Bengali Market area. The fire reportedly was triggered by a short-circuit in a common power generator kept near the shops.
Bee Kay Dryers, a dry-cleaning shop, which has been operating out of the area for the past 50 years, was the worst hit, police said. The chemicals, petrol and diesel used in the dry-cleaning process was stocked in the shop. These material reportedly fuelled the fire that started with a mere short-circuit, police said. The loss due to the fire is yet to be ascertained. No one was injured.
“Nothing was left of the shop. All clothes, material used for dry-cleaning and the interiors were reduced to ash,” Subhash, a staff member of Bee Kay Dryers, said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Brij Super Store and Aeren Opticals were the other two shops that were gutted. “There is a power generator behind the dry-cleaning shop. The short-circuit must have happened there. All the chemicals that are kept in the godown of the shop fuelled the fire. A security guard noticed the fire and informed the fire department. It took fire fighters an hour to douse the flames,” a staff at Aeren Opticals said.