A second fire on Friday gutted three shops in Central Delhi’s Bengali Market area. The fire reportedly was triggered by a short-circuit in a common power generator kept near the shops.
Bee Kay Dryers, a dry-cleaning shop, which has been operating out of the area for the past 50 years, was the worst hit, police said. The chemicals, petrol and diesel used in the dry-cleaning process was stocked in the shop. These material reportedly fuelled the fire that started with a mere short-circuit, police said. The loss due to the fire is yet to be ascertained. No one was injured.
“Nothing was left of the shop. All clothes, material used for dry-cleaning and the interiors were reduced to ash,” Subhash, a staff member of Bee Kay Dryers, said.
Brij Super Store and Aeren Opticals were the other two shops that were gutted. “There is a power generator behind the dry-cleaning shop. The short-circuit must have happened there. All the chemicals that are kept in the godown of the shop fuelled the fire. A security guard noticed the fire and informed the fire department. It took fire fighters an hour to douse the flames,” a staff at Aeren Opticals said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched