Three incidents of robberies committed by bike-borne assailants were reported on Monday. In one of the incidents,the assailant opened fire when the victim tried to resist the robbery bid.
In the first incident reported from Southeast Delhis Govindpuri area,a 42-year-old man was shot at after he resisted a robbery bid by two bike-borne assailants. The victim,Vivek Sood,a garment factory owner,was parking his car in front of Punjab National Bank around 4.20 pm,when one man came near his car and knocked on the window. The moment Vivek rolled down the window,one of them punched him and tried to snatch the bag.
When Vivek entered into a scuffle with the duo,one of them allegedly whipped out a pistol and shot at him. The bullet hit Viveks stomach and he fell on the ground,wounded. The accused then took his bag and fled the spot, a senior police officer said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
According to police,the bag contained Rs 3.5 lakh and the accused were aware that Vivek was carrying money in the bag. Police have registered a case in the matter and were looking at the CCTV footage outside the bank to ascertain the identity of the accused.
In another case reported from outside a bank in Preet Vihar,a 42-year-old man alleged that he was abducted from outside ICICI bank by two men and robbed. He alleged that the accused knocked on his cars window and as soon as he opened the door,they pushed him inside and took the drivers seat. the accused allegedly held him hostage at gunpoint.
He alleged that while one of the accused drove him to Akshardham,the other accused followed them on his bike. The accused then allegedly dumped him near Akshardham and fled with his bag. A senior police officer said,One call was received around 3.49 pm,but we are still verifying all details in the case.
In the third incident reported from outside a bank in Patel Nagar,a man was robbed of Rs 85,000 by two bikers. The victim alleged that he had gone to the bank to withdraw some cash. the moment he came out,two men on the bike pushed him,took his cash and fled. He then made a PCR call.