Three incidents of robberies committed by bike-borne assailants were reported on Monday. In one of the incidents,the assailant opened fire when the victim tried to resist the robbery bid.
In the first incident reported from Southeast Delhis Govindpuri area,a 42-year-old man was shot at after he resisted a robbery bid by two bike-borne assailants. The victim,Vivek Sood,a garment factory owner,was parking his car in front of Punjab National Bank around 4.20 pm,when one man came near his car and knocked on the window. The moment Vivek rolled down the window,one of them punched him and tried to snatch the bag.
When Vivek entered into a scuffle with the duo,one of them allegedly whipped out a pistol and shot at him. The bullet hit Viveks stomach and he fell on the ground,wounded. The accused then took his bag and fled the spot, a senior police officer said.
According to police,the bag contained Rs 3.5 lakh and the accused were aware that Vivek was carrying money in the bag. Police have registered a case in the matter and were looking at the CCTV footage outside the bank to ascertain the identity of the accused.
In another case reported from outside a bank in Preet Vihar,a 42-year-old man alleged that he was abducted from outside ICICI bank by two men and robbed. He alleged that the accused knocked on his cars window and as soon as he opened the door,they pushed him inside and took the drivers seat. the accused allegedly held him hostage at gunpoint.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He alleged that while one of the accused drove him to Akshardham,the other accused followed them on his bike. The accused then allegedly dumped him near Akshardham and fled with his bag. A senior police officer said,One call was received around 3.49 pm,but we are still verifying all details in the case.
In the third incident reported from outside a bank in Patel Nagar,a man was robbed of Rs 85,000 by two bikers. The victim alleged that he had gone to the bank to withdraw some cash. the moment he came out,two men on the bike pushed him,took his cash and fled. He then made a PCR call.