Police on Thursday arrested another accused in the Danish woman gangrape case. Raju alias Bhajai (23) was arrested from Nizamuddin area, on Thursday.
Police said they had got leads after questioning Raju and have identified the other accused. Three more persons were detained on Thursday.
On Wednesday, police arrested two accused, Mahender (25) and Raja (23). Mahender has several cases against him, including two murder cases, police said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Mahender and Raja were produced before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sudhanshu Kaushik and remanded in police custody for three days. They were brought to the court with their faces covered and were provided with a lawyer, who argued that they had “no involvement” in the incident.
Police had sought custody of the accused for a week to recover the articles stolen from the victim and arrest the others. Police may also conduct a video-conference with the victim for identifying the other accused.
The Danish woman was allegedly gangraped, robbed and beaten up at knife-point by eight men on the premises of the Railway Officers’ Club, 50 metres from the VIP entrance to Platform No. 1 of the New Delhi railway station on Tuesday evening.