Tell us about the new show.
Rocky Singh & Mayur Sharma Food Mad is a 17-episode series that will take you to the best places across Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore to fulfill your cravings — from biryani and kebabs to street food and bar food. It’s all about catering to one’s deepest, darkest food craving, those midnight hunger pangs. And yes, it will have juicy trivia, catchy segments like the ‘Professor Mayur’ one and ‘Spread the Love’. The latter is an invitation for people to come and hug us whenever they see or meet us. The aim is to collect maximum hugs and create a world record.
How and why did you decide to go on this food journey?
Singh & Sharma: We’ve both lived five houses from each other since 1976, and ever since I can remember, our idea of adventure was to go out every weekend, and eat, even if it meant driving 10 hours to that place. So, a friend was looking for anchors for HOMP, and he got in touch with us because no one’s had food as much as we’ve had.
What is your upcoming book about?
Singh & Sharma: Highway on My Plate 2: The Indian Guide to Roadside Eating (Random House) will be launched in August 8 and is our second book. The first, by the same title, won the Gourmand World Cookbook Award for the best celebrity cookbook in 2011. This one will have over 4,000 places to check out for food; we’re like curators of foods from different states.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
What else occupies your time besides food?
Singh & Sharma:We also run Minds Eye, an organisation that works with corporates on efficient business processes and human interactions. It’s more of an experiential style of communication and awakening one’s potential.