Temperature in the Capital touched 45.1 degree Celsius on Sunday while it was 47.8 degree C in and around Palam airport making it the hottest day in 62 years giving no respite to people reeling under a blistering heat wave. Adding to the woes of heat-ravaged Delhiites, frequent power cuts across the city aggravated the situation and made life miserable.
The Indian Metrological Department (IMD) said there is no relief likely from the heat wave tomorrow and similar weather conditions will continue. “Instead, the maximum temperature will continue to hover around 45 degree Celsius on Monday as well,” the IMD official said, adding, “there will be mainly clear sky”. The maximum temperature of 45.1 degree C in the capital was five degree above normal and it was the hottest in five years.
On Saturday, the mercury touched 44.9 degree C. The minimum temperature stood at 28.6 degree C, a notch above the season’s average. On Monday, minimum temperature will hover around 30 degree C, the IMD said. Similar situation prevailed in Palam where the maximum temperature was 47.8 degrees Celsius, the highest since 1952, the IMD department said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The minimum was 30.8 degree C. Temperature in the national capital breached the 45 degrees Celsius mark on June 6, making it the hottest day of the season.