Supreme Court on Friday granted three weeks interim bail to journalist Tarun Tejpal, who is facing rape charges, to attend cremation of his mother and subsequent rituals.
Earlier, Tejpal had sought his release from the apex court to enable him to attend the cremation of his mother who died in Goa on Sunday.
Appearing before a bench of justices B S Chauhan and A K Sikri, advocate Sandeep Kapur had mentioned the matter seeking its direction to release him to attend the cremation of his mother.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Tejpal, 50, has been chargesheeted for allegedly raping, sexually harassing and outraging the modesty of a junior colleague during an event held at a hotel in Goa in November last year. Tejpal was arrested on November 30, 2013.
He has been accused of sexually assaulting the victim on November 7 and repeating the offence the next day.
He is currently in judicial custody and lodged at Sada sub-jail in Goa’s Vasco town.
His mother Shakuntala, 87, was suffering from brain tumour and was living in Tejpal’s house at Moira in North Goa.