The body of a three-year-old boy was found inside a 15 foot deep manhole in South Delhi’s Safdurjung Enclave area Wednesday afternoon.
A police official said prima-facie it appeared the boy was killed somewhere else and his body was dumped in a closed manhole of Delhi Jal Board.
- Dr Amarapurkar’s death: Hunt on for 6th accused, police likely to file chargesheet soon
- Swachh Bharat’s forgotten soldiers
- Staffer at school for visually impaired made video of accused with three boys, say police
- Outrage after 2 fall in open manholes, die; BMC claims it did not open manhole
- Sewer survivor tells police ‘DJB contractor’ gave him work, was supposed to make Rs 300
- 2 cleaners die after inhaling poisonous gas in sewer
”The incident came to light at 12 pm when a taxi driver found the body and informed police,” the officer added. Local police rushed to the spot and recovered the body.
“Preliminary investigation has revealed the victim had several head injuries and his body has been preserved in the mortuary of AIIMS hospital. Post-mortem will be conducted after 72 hours,” the officer said.
He added that after checking with nearby slum areas, police found the deceased was not a resident of the concerned areas.
A case has been registered at Safdurjung Enclave police station and investigation is on.