A 42-year-old taxi driver was arrested for allegedly murdering his wife and 10-year-old daughter in Southwest Delhi’s Sagarpur area early on Sunday. While police are investigating what led to the murders, it is suspected to be a case of marital dispute.
The incident was reported from Indira Park, Sagarpur. Police said the 13-year-old niece of the accused, identified as Jaswinder, was the first to discover the murders. She had gone to their house to spend the night. She informed the neighbours who in turn informed police. A PCR call was made at 8.30 am.
According to police, the incident took place around 1.30 am when Jaswinder’s wife Sarita (35) and their daughter Shalini were asleep.
Police said around 9 pm, the family ate dinner and retired to bed. Police said Sarita and Jaswinder usually slept separately. However, that night, Jaswinder asked his niece to sleep in his room as he wanted to discuss something with Sarita. This has led investigators to suspect that the incident may have been planned.
Police said around 1.30 am, Jaswinder entered Sarita’s room and gagged her and their daughter. He reportedly hit the two of them on their heads repeatedly till they fell unconscious. He immediately fled from the spot but was arrested soon after.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
After questioning residents in the area police have found that the two had been married for the last 10 years, but never led a peaceful life. According to the residents, Sarita refused to get a divorce, despite the discord.