A 42-year-old taxi driver was arrested for allegedly murdering his wife and 10-year-old daughter in Southwest Delhi’s Sagarpur area early on Sunday. While police are investigating what led to the murders, it is suspected to be a case of marital dispute.
The incident was reported from Indira Park, Sagarpur. Police said the 13-year-old niece of the accused, identified as Jaswinder, was the first to discover the murders. She had gone to their house to spend the night. She informed the neighbours who in turn informed police. A PCR call was made at 8.30 am.
According to police, the incident took place around 1.30 am when Jaswinder’s wife Sarita (35) and their daughter Shalini were asleep.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Police said around 9 pm, the family ate dinner and retired to bed. Police said Sarita and Jaswinder usually slept separately. However, that night, Jaswinder asked his niece to sleep in his room as he wanted to discuss something with Sarita. This has led investigators to suspect that the incident may have been planned.
Police said around 1.30 am, Jaswinder entered Sarita’s room and gagged her and their daughter. He reportedly hit the two of them on their heads repeatedly till they fell unconscious. He immediately fled from the spot but was arrested soon after.
After questioning residents in the area police have found that the two had been married for the last 10 years, but never led a peaceful life. According to the residents, Sarita refused to get a divorce, despite the discord.