A day after the AAP’s landslide victory in the capital, CM-designate Arvind Kejriwal and Patparganj MLA Manish Sisodia on Wednesday met Delhi Chief Secretary D M Spolia and urged him to prepare a roadmap for the AAP’s 70-point action plan. The meeting took place at Vithalbhai Patel House around 5 pm.
According to party leaders, Spolia was asked to immediately act upon the 70-point action plan, which talks about reducing inflation, cutting electricity bills by half and providing up to 700 litre of water per day to each household.
“All heads of government departments have been asked to give presentations on January 19 regarding work done by them so far and also talk about the manner in which the party’s action plan can be implemented with immediate effect,” Sisodia said.
- Arvind Kejriwal’s sorry count: Three down, quite a few to go
- Now playing in courts, trials and tribulations of Arvind Kejriwal
- Delhi Chief Secretary ‘assault’ case: AAP plans to live stream meetings between ministers, bureaucrats
- AAP-Chief Secy Standoff: Split wide open
- AAP MLAs disqualification row: Manish Sisodia requests President to hear his party’s view
- AAP to bring back anti-corruption hotline, Lokpal Bill in House’s second sitting
Moreover, AAP leaders also handed over the party’s manifesto to the Chief Secretary.
“Around this time, Delhi faces a power and water crisis and the vegetable and fruit prices also soar. We have asked the Food and Supplies department to ensure that there is no shortage of food supplies in May and June and explore the possibility of a mechanism to ensure that prices do not rise,” Sisodia said.
Ahead of the polls, the AAP had held public meetings to identify issues faced by various sections of the population in the capital. From construction of new colleges and schools to providing free WiFi, creating new jobs and installing CCTV cameras all over Delhi, the AAP had elaborated on a series of measures it would take if it was voted to power.