The Allahabad High Court on Thursday admitted the appeals filed by dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, challenging their conviction and life sentence in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
Hearing on the bail pleas, which were submitted along with the appeals, will begin on March 11.
Aarushi was found dead in her Noida home on the morning of May 17, 2008, while Hemraj’s body was found a day later on the terrace. The couple was convicted on November 25, 2013, and given a life term by a special CBI court in Ghaziabad.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Two criminal appeals, along with the Talwars’ bail applications, came up for hearing before a division bench of Justices V K Shukla and Karunanand Bajpayee.
Passing identical orders for both, the bench said, “One month time is accorded to Additional Government Advocate and Anurag Khanna (CBI counsel), to file objections (to the bail) in consonance with the provisions…
Copy of the same be served upon Vikram D Chauhan, advocate, so that, in case he so feels, he may file rebuttal in the same.” The court also summoned the original lower court record.