Union Minister of Urban Development M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday took a Metro ride to promote the service, while urging all VIPs to travel by the Metro and set an example for others.
“It is better for all VIPs who are travelling in the city to avail of this facility and set an example for others. I had a very happy experience and I hope the Metro becomes more popular in the coming days so that the common man benefits from it,” Naidu said.
DMRC officials said Naidu boarded the Airport Metro from Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport at 8.50 am after he arrived from Hyderabad. En route to Shivaji Stadium station, the minister interacted with commuters and took their suggestions regarding fare, facilities in stations and the “increasing the frequency” of trains.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I had the occasion to interact with commuters and they suggested a reduction in travel fare. I have asked officials to think about it… When commuters get off at a station to go home, they should be provided connectivity through bus services that can be organised to some extent by DMRC. We also need to coordinate with the Delhi Transport Corporation …,” he said.