Union Minister of Urban Development M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday took a Metro ride to promote the service, while urging all VIPs to travel by the Metro and set an example for others.
“It is better for all VIPs who are travelling in the city to avail of this facility and set an example for others. I had a very happy experience and I hope the Metro becomes more popular in the coming days so that the common man benefits from it,” Naidu said.
DMRC officials said Naidu boarded the Airport Metro from Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport at 8.50 am after he arrived from Hyderabad. En route to Shivaji Stadium station, the minister interacted with commuters and took their suggestions regarding fare, facilities in stations and the “increasing the frequency” of trains.
“I had the occasion to interact with commuters and they suggested a reduction in travel fare. I have asked officials to think about it… When commuters get off at a station to go home, they should be provided connectivity through bus services that can be organised to some extent by DMRC. We also need to coordinate with the Delhi Transport Corporation …,” he said.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation