During a meeting with the senior Delhi Police officers at Police Headquarters on Monday, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said women’s safety and solving crimes against women should be the priority of the force.
This is Singh’s first visit to the Police Headquarters after taking over as the Union Home Minister. During the hour-long meeting, Singh told senior officers that the Delhi Police should become a role model for Metropolitan policing. Those present at the meeting said Singh promised to clear all proposals, especially those related to modernising the police force.
Delhi Police chief Bhim Sain Bassi also gave a powerpoint presentation to the minister about the operations of the force.
The force requested the Home Minister to provide special incentives to commandos and policemen performing high-risk assignments. In a statement, a Delhi Police spokesperson said, “The Home Minister urged that the Delhi Police, being responsible for the security of the capital of India, should become a role model for metropolitan policing.” Singh assured full support of the Central government in making Delhi Police a modern, responsible and efficient police force, the spokesperson said.
Singh was told about the Safe City Project which is pending because of delay in the creation of additional posts. “We will be focusing on getting more manpower for fighting crimes against woman. There will be senior posts which will be created specifically for protection of women. The Home Minister has promised us that all these proposals will be expedited,” a senior police officer said.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Bassi said, “We showed the Home Minister a presentation on the crime situation in the city. We apprised the minister about the elaborate measures that we take. He studied all pending proposals and also visited the police control room. He was satisfied with our arrangement.”
The Home Ministry is believed to be working towards modernising the Delhi Police. Recently, a powerpoint presentation on ideas for modernising the force was submitted to the ministry.