Never has a Facebook post created such a buzz in the electronic music scene. Boiler Room, the leading online channel that promotes underground music from around the world, put up a post last month that they are coming to India.
The music project, which was started in London in 2010, has amassed over 87 million views in the past four years, and these are only its YouTube numbers. The allure of the show lies in its simplicity and the big names it attracts such as Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox, Sven Vath, and SBTRKT. Instead of a massive club set up, the DJ plays to the camera in an intimate space, with a crowd of people dancing behind him.
While the multiple stakeholders of the project are not at liberty to discuss details of their plans as of now, news has been trickling down the grapevine.
It is being said that Rana Ghose, owner of REProduce, an event and artiste management agency that also handles the “father of acid house” Charanjit Singh, has been a key player in getting Boiler Room to India. Also, joining hands in finding suitable artistes for the series will be Krunk and Grime Riot Disco, among others. The projected month to start the series is September and the shows will be held at venues across the country.
With over half a million dedicated subscribers of its YouTube channel, Boiler Room will give Indian artistes the exposure that they have been looking for, and may even open opportunities for them to play at larger stages in Europe.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review