The South Delhi Municipal Corporation on Sunday inaugurated 46 new public convenience centres to help accelerate the pace of Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan.
According to offcials, the toilet blocks have been constructed at a cost of Rs 16 crore and are placed in different zones – 21 in Central, 16 in South Zone, 9 in West Zone and 5 in Najafgarh Zone. Twenty per cent of the blocks are exclusive for women. There is also provision for physically challenged persons, added the officials.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Standing Committee Chairman Shilendar Singh inaugurated one block at Shahpur Jat in South Zone while Ward Committee Chairman Neeraj Gupta inaugurated another block at Dheer Singh Marg under the Central Zone.
Former MP Sajjan Kumar, along with a local councillor, inaugurated a block at Mahaveer Enclave. The remaining 43 blocks were inaugurated in separate functions by the councilors concerned.
Solar panels will generate electricity for the toilet blocks. Apart from this, adequate number of safai karmcharis will be deployed to maintain the blocks. The units constructed exclusively for women have been situated near colleges in South Campus and other women’s colleges.
Most of the blocks have been constructed in and around residential localities, major roads, commercial complexes and other places that people frequent. The corporation has identified the places for construction of another 110 toilets and the work is likely to commence very soon, said an official.