He was suspended from the University and stripped off his post in the Delhi University Student Union (DUSU) for smearing shoe polish South Campus Director Umesh Rai’s face. Barely two months later, his face, along with that of Minister of Human Resource Development Smriti Irani, beams proudly on posters and hoardings across the campus.
The university may have banned Raju Rawat, the former DUSU joint secretary from stepping on campus, but you can’t miss many posters — thanking Rawat and Irani for their “contribution” towards rolling back FYUP — at strategic locations.
“Rawat is a democratically elected leader of Delhi University, and orders to suspend him and ban him from DU are illegal. We have filed a case against the university’s autocratic order,” Saket Bahuguna, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), general secretary said.
In April, a group of students led by Rawat, smeared black shoe polish attacked the Rai after he allegedly “insulted” BJP’s then prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Speaking of the incident, Rawat said, “My method may have been wrong, but the university has been unfair to me. In the last four months, six FIRS have been registered against me, some of them absolutely baseless,” Rawat said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Now, with DU actually looking a possible rollback of the course introduced last year, Rawat can’t help but feel a sense of vindication. “Since this programme was introduced, I have fought against it tooth and nail. I won DUSU elections too on the same cause. With help from HRD Minister, I have been able to deliver on the promise I made to the students. So my face is on the posters,” he said.