A day after a journalist with India TV attempted suicide by consuming poison, the investigation into the case was transferred to the Crime Branch of Noida Police on Monday.
“We received orders to look into the case on Monday evening, but we are yet to receive the full details. The investigation will begin on Tuesday once I have reviewed the case,” Bharati Singh, SP (Crime), said.
A spokesperson for India TV on Monday claimed that contrary to what the journalist had alleged, the matter of her resignation had been settled “amicably” between her and the channel.
“ Last week, the journalist had a minor disagreement with her seniors in the newsroom, following which she sent an SMS to her department head, saying she was resigning. Her decision was confirmed with her. Thereafter, her decision to resign, communicated by her through SMS and confirmed by her, was forwarded to HR. HR proceeded to accept her resignation. They also informed her by mail that her decision to resign has been accepted and she should meet them for relieving formalities. She came to the office and submitted her identity card, etc., and the matter was amicably closed,” the spokesperson claimed.
The spokesperson added that on Sunday morning, the journalist sent “ some very demeaning and vicious messages to her seniors and in one message threatened to harm herself .”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“ As soon as it came to our knowledge, HR and admin considered it and found it appropriate and necessary to report the matter to police immediately. We also requested them to immediately send their people to her house to verify and ensure that no harm comes to her. In the meanwhile, she stood on the road outside the building and tried to consume something. Security and HR staff strived to stop her and rushed her to a nearby hospital,” the spokesperson claimed.
On Monday, the journalist attempted suicide outside the gates of the channel’ s office in Noida. Later, she told police that she tried to end her life because she was being harassed by two employees of the channel.
An FIR has been registered under Sections 306, 511 and 504 of the Indian Penal Code against the two employees, police said.
“ The incident took place around 9.30 am. The journalist was taken to Kailash hospital by employees of India TV and she is out of danger,” a police officer said.
The journalist, an anchor with the channel, updated her Facebook status just minutes before consuming poison. In her Facebook status, she wrote, “ Last gudbye to all of you! I am committing suicide. Thanks to India TV…”