Convener of the AAP Delhi unit Ashutosh met senior Delhi Police officials on Saturday after a sting operation by news channel News 24 revealed a conversation in which an attack on national convener was being planned during a meeting in Kirari on Sunday.
The party alleged that the “attack” was being planned by people connected with BJP MLA from Kirari Anil Jha. In a memorandum submitted to Special Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Deepak Mishra, the AAP sought Jha’s arrest.
“Questioning of the individual shown in the sting, along with the BJP MLA from Kirari, Anil Jha, will reveal the scale of the conspiracy and to what extent the BJP leadership is involved in launching physical attacks on Arvind Kejriwal. The sting operation confirms the apprehensions expressed by the AAP since March-April, when in the run-up to the Lok Sabha elections, Kejriwal was attacked a number of times in Delhi and other parts of the country,” Ashutosh said. In April, Kejriwal was assaulted by an auto-rickshaw driver while he was campaigning in Kirari.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mishra confirmed the meeting with the AAP leader. “We had a detailed meeting on the issue. We are looking into the matter,” he said.
The AAP memorandum states, “In a major expose’ by a TV news channel on Friday night, it has been revealed that the attack was allegedly orchestrated by the local BJP MLA Anil Jha and he had advance knowledge of the incident. Jha’s close associate, one Lokesh, has been shown in this sting… saying that they were planning to carry out an attack on Arvind Kejriwal in his meeting scheduled in Kirari area on August 24 (Sunday). We, hereby, request you to immediately take cognizance of the admissions made by this person called Lokesh, arrest him and BJP MLA Anil Jha immediately to foil any conspiracy to carry out another attack on Kejriwal on Sunday.”