Convener of the AAP Delhi unit Ashutosh met senior Delhi Police officials on Saturday after a sting operation by news channel News 24 revealed a conversation in which an attack on national convener was being planned during a meeting in Kirari on Sunday.
The party alleged that the “attack” was being planned by people connected with BJP MLA from Kirari Anil Jha. In a memorandum submitted to Special Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Deepak Mishra, the AAP sought Jha’s arrest.
“Questioning of the individual shown in the sting, along with the BJP MLA from Kirari, Anil Jha, will reveal the scale of the conspiracy and to what extent the BJP leadership is involved in launching physical attacks on Arvind Kejriwal. The sting operation confirms the apprehensions expressed by the AAP since March-April, when in the run-up to the Lok Sabha elections, Kejriwal was attacked a number of times in Delhi and other parts of the country,” Ashutosh said. In April, Kejriwal was assaulted by an auto-rickshaw driver while he was campaigning in Kirari.
Mishra confirmed the meeting with the AAP leader. “We had a detailed meeting on the issue. We are looking into the matter,” he said.
The AAP memorandum states, “In a major expose’ by a TV news channel on Friday night, it has been revealed that the attack was allegedly orchestrated by the local BJP MLA Anil Jha and he had advance knowledge of the incident. Jha’s close associate, one Lokesh, has been shown in this sting… saying that they were planning to carry out an attack on Arvind Kejriwal in his meeting scheduled in Kirari area on August 24 (Sunday). We, hereby, request you to immediately take cognizance of the admissions made by this person called Lokesh, arrest him and BJP MLA Anil Jha immediately to foil any conspiracy to carry out another attack on Kejriwal on Sunday.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More