A man,allegedly stalking a 19-year-old woman for three years,reportedly shot at her father and beat her mother with a piece of wood at their house in Northeast Delhis Jyoti Nagar on Sunday. Police said the couple was critical.
Neighbours tried to catch the accused,Pushpendra,but he managed to escape. The son of a school teacher,he is yet to be arrested.
Police said the family of the girl had changed addresses several times in recent years to escape their daughters alleged stalker. Recently,they had shifted from Balbir Nagar to Jyoti Nagar,police said. According to police,Pushpendra went to Balbir Nagar to get the girls new address.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Pushpendra,police said,had met the girl in Sangam Vihar,where the family used to stay three years ago. The incident took place at 8.30 am. The couple and their two daughters,aged 19 and 16,were inside their house on the second floor. The accused was allegedly stalking the 19-year-old girl.
Police said Pushpendra,after landing up at the place,had an argument with the girl. He then allegedly assaulted her. When the girls father intervened,Pushpendra shot him in the abdomen. The girl and her younger sister ran into a room and locked themselves inside. When their mother intervened,Pushpendra repeatedly hit her head with a piece of wood,police said.
The accused then proceeded towards the room where the sisters were holed up and shot at them through a window. But the bullets missed them. By then,neighbours reached the place and locked the main door from outside in an attempt to trap the accused. But Pushpendra managed to escape from a neighbours balcony, a police officer said.
Police said Pushpendra,who was unemployed,wanted to marry the 19-year-old girl. Police have detained his family members for questioning and have formed teams to nab him.
The girls parents are being treated at GTB Hospital.
In another incident,a 30-year-old man was killed on Saturday night after he was hit by several bricks that fell from the fourth floor of a building in New Usmanpur. Police said Rajesh Shukla was hit on the head and face by the bricks,resulting in his death. Police have registered a case of murder against unknown persons as they are suspecting personal enmity.
Police said Shukla lived in Sonia Vihar,while his elder brother Brijesh runs a shop in New Usmanpur. He was standing in a lane speaking to his brother when the incident took place. We have registered a case of murder against unknown persons and the body has been sent for a post-mortem examination, a police officer said.