A man,allegedly stalking a 19-year-old woman for three years,reportedly shot at her father and beat her mother with a piece of wood at their house in Northeast Delhis Jyoti Nagar on Sunday. Police said the couple was critical.
Neighbours tried to catch the accused,Pushpendra,but he managed to escape. The son of a school teacher,he is yet to be arrested.
Police said the family of the girl had changed addresses several times in recent years to escape their daughters alleged stalker. Recently,they had shifted from Balbir Nagar to Jyoti Nagar,police said. According to police,Pushpendra went to Balbir Nagar to get the girls new address.
Pushpendra,police said,had met the girl in Sangam Vihar,where the family used to stay three years ago. The incident took place at 8.30 am. The couple and their two daughters,aged 19 and 16,were inside their house on the second floor. The accused was allegedly stalking the 19-year-old girl.
Police said Pushpendra,after landing up at the place,had an argument with the girl. He then allegedly assaulted her. When the girls father intervened,Pushpendra shot him in the abdomen. The girl and her younger sister ran into a room and locked themselves inside. When their mother intervened,Pushpendra repeatedly hit her head with a piece of wood,police said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The accused then proceeded towards the room where the sisters were holed up and shot at them through a window. But the bullets missed them. By then,neighbours reached the place and locked the main door from outside in an attempt to trap the accused. But Pushpendra managed to escape from a neighbours balcony, a police officer said.
Police said Pushpendra,who was unemployed,wanted to marry the 19-year-old girl. Police have detained his family members for questioning and have formed teams to nab him.
The girls parents are being treated at GTB Hospital.
In another incident,a 30-year-old man was killed on Saturday night after he was hit by several bricks that fell from the fourth floor of a building in New Usmanpur. Police said Rajesh Shukla was hit on the head and face by the bricks,resulting in his death. Police have registered a case of murder against unknown persons as they are suspecting personal enmity.
Police said Shukla lived in Sonia Vihar,while his elder brother Brijesh runs a shop in New Usmanpur. He was standing in a lane speaking to his brother when the incident took place. We have registered a case of murder against unknown persons and the body has been sent for a post-mortem examination, a police officer said.