With nearly two lakh people expected to attend BJPs prime ministerial candidate Narendras Modis rally on Sunday,the Delhi Police has put in place elaborate security measures at Japanese Park,Rohini,the rally venue.
Nearly 3,000 personnel,including those from the Rapid Action Force,will man the venue. A bomb disposal squad,sniffer dogs and two SWAT teams will be in place as well.
There will be 15 entry and exit points to the venue; two dedicated exclusively for VIPs. Each gate,police said,will have 10 door-frame metal detectors apart from baggage scanners and hand frisking. Around 100 CCTV cameras have been installed in and around the venue.
Fifty LED screens have been set up around the park and in prominent market places such as South Extension,Kamla Nagar and Gole Market which will stream the rally live. This is expected to ease the rush at Japanese Park,police said.
Banners with directions will be put up along the roads leading to the park to avoid confusion.
Police personnel holding placards indicating exit signs will be stationed at the venue to avoid a stampede.
Modis chopper is slated to land at the heliport situated about 7 km from Japanese Park by 11.30 am. From there,Modis convoy will reach the venue by road. Modi will have a three-tier security cordon comprising the NSG as the first-tier,the Delhi Police as the second,and volunteers as the third and outer ring..
Modi is expected to speak for about 50 minutes,followed by BJP leaders V K Malhotra,Vijay Goel and Nitin Gadkari.
Police said people from Uttar Pradesh,Haryana,Rajasthan and other adjoining places are expected to attend the event.
Avoid vehicles,use Metro
* Rally scheduled to begin at 10 am
* Motorists advised to avoid places in the vicinity of Japanese Park,Dr K N Katzu Marg and Outer Ring Road from Peera Garhi flyover to Mukarba flyover
* All participants advised to avoid private vehicles and use the Delhi Metro till Rithala Metro station to reach venue.
* Over 1,000 buses and 3,000 vehicles expected to reach Delhi from neighbouring states
* Those coming in vehicles are to follow directions of traffic personnel posted along the roads near the venue
* No vehicle will be allowed to park on arterial roads near the venue. Heavy penalty will be imposed on all such vehicles.
* No buses to be parked on peripheral roads near the venue