The Delhi government has decided to give a facelift to school staffrooms to ensure a holistic environment for teachers as part of its efforts to upgrade infrastructure in schools run by it. “In the past one year, I have visited many schools and observed that the staffrooms are in a really bad condition. They are poorly maintained, the plaster is peeling off, the walls, the floors are broken, lockers are shabby and furniture is in need of repair,” Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said in an official order.
“It is our responsibility to provide teachers with adequate facilities so as to ensure basic comfort while they are in school. Directions have been given to revamp the staffrooms and add modern facilities,” he said. The changes that have been outlined by Sisodia, who is also the Education Minister, include giving a facelift and maintenance of staffrooms to ensure welcoming ambiance for teachers.
“Staffrooms should be well furnished with high quality tables and chairs for teachers. Each teacher must be provided with a quality cabinet or locker where they can keep their personal effects or academic material safely. Provisions should also be made for tea and coffee vending machines,” Sisodia said. The minister has directed the Directorate of Education (DoE) to come up with a detailed proposal to implement the changes in a time-bound manner.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen