The ruling Samajwadi Party today came under attack over the killing of BJP leader Vijay Pandit, who was cremated here on Sunday amid tight security, with his family and MP Mahesh Sharma demanding a CBI inquiry into the murder.
Pandit’s wife Geeta alleged that he was killed due to election rivalry at the behest of local SP leader Narinder Bhati, who denied the allegation.
“During Lok Sabha election, a criminal had called and threatened that they will kill my husband and me if we campaign for BJP candidate Mahesh Sharma. Later, SP candidate Narinder Bhati too had called and threatened. One threatening call was received from some contractor having patronage of ruling SP party. As we campaigned for Sharma, they took revenge and killed my husband,” Geeta, who is Dadri Nagar Panchayat Chairman, alleged.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Bhati, however, said the allegations were lies. “Why will I do such a thing? These are all lies,” he said.
Pandit’s family also accused the police of inaction saying they had informed the cops about the threats to Pandit but they paid no heed.
“We will ask for a CBI probe. The administration is at fault,” Pandit’s brother Lokesh said.
After the post mortem, Pandit’s body was taken to his house. Locals and BJP workers joined the procession to the cremation ground escorted by a large contingent of Provincial Armed Constabulary and local police force.
The last rites of the BJP leader, who was shot dead last night, were held at Dadri cremation ground.
Gautam Buddha Nagar MP Mahesh Sharma demanded a CBI inquiry and alleged there was jungle raj in the city as criminals were striking at will while the police failed to check rising crime.
The killing of the BJP leader has “exposed” the law and order situation, he charged.
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, “Nothing like government can be seen in UP. Law and order situation has completely been destroyed and the UP government is responding in a very casual way towards it”.
Sharma met the family members and expressed condolences.
“He (Pandit) was like my brother and I was emotionally attached with him. I will ensure that he gets justice,” Sharma said.
Sharma said he had spoken to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.