Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel deployed at the Indira Gandhi International Airport are being trained in ‘soft skills’ so that they can be more passenger-friendly. The CISF is responsible for all-round security on the airport premises.
While in-house training programmes are already there, the new venture is aimed at providing training on a larger scale. The project, sources said, is being financed by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D).
CISF officials said the training will help the personnel deal with situations where there is a public interface. Sources said the new training programme caters to personnel of all ranks, be it a constable, an Inspector or a Commandant.
“The training will help CISF staff deal with passengers in a more friendly manner. The idea is to ensure that if a passenger is irate, or there is a situation where the passenger is not cooperating or is unable to understand any instruction or rule, the staff dealing with him should be able to tackle the situation in a dignified manner,” a CISF official said, adding that the concept aims at enhancing human skills.
CISF sources said the training has been outsourced to private companies and individuals including Human Resource executives, professors and psychologists.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
According to CISF officials, the in-house training programme is held for the personnel in batches. However, the new training programme will not only reach out to the 4,000-odd CISF personnel deployed at the airport, but also to those deployed at the Metro stations.