The Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) is considering a proposal to build skywalks around the Huda City Centre Metro station for pedestrians. “This will make it safer for pedestrians to go to any place around the station,” Praveen Kumar, commissioner (MCG), said.
“The idea is to construct a circular platform over the station, with skywalks branching out of it to connect areas around the station. This will also ensure smoother traffic movement by taking pedestrians off the roads,” Kumar said.
But he said a decision was yet to be taken on the proposal.
Additionally, the MCG is considering a proposal to decongest Iffco Chowk.
“Iffco Chowk is one of the most congested crossings in Gurgaon,” Kumar said. “We want to decongest the place.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The movement of all forms of transport in that region needs to be smooth and continuous,” he said.
The measures being considered include construction of underpasses and multi-level flyovers, multi-level parking facilities around the chowk, ramps and exits to link traffic from Sikandarpur directly to the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, loops around the expressway and an early exit to the Delhi-Jaipur road for Jaipur-bound traffic coming from Sikandarpur.
“There is a huge patch of green around Iffco Chowk, which can be used for the purpose,” Kumar said.
“We are considering solutions that will segregate Jaipur-bound traffic from the others, reducing the load at the chowk,” he said.