The Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) is considering a proposal to build skywalks around the Huda City Centre Metro station for pedestrians. “This will make it safer for pedestrians to go to any place around the station,” Praveen Kumar, commissioner (MCG), said.
“The idea is to construct a circular platform over the station, with skywalks branching out of it to connect areas around the station. This will also ensure smoother traffic movement by taking pedestrians off the roads,” Kumar said.
But he said a decision was yet to be taken on the proposal.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Additionally, the MCG is considering a proposal to decongest Iffco Chowk.
“Iffco Chowk is one of the most congested crossings in Gurgaon,” Kumar said. “We want to decongest the place.
The movement of all forms of transport in that region needs to be smooth and continuous,” he said.
The measures being considered include construction of underpasses and multi-level flyovers, multi-level parking facilities around the chowk, ramps and exits to link traffic from Sikandarpur directly to the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, loops around the expressway and an early exit to the Delhi-Jaipur road for Jaipur-bound traffic coming from Sikandarpur.
“There is a huge patch of green around Iffco Chowk, which can be used for the purpose,” Kumar said.
“We are considering solutions that will segregate Jaipur-bound traffic from the others, reducing the load at the chowk,” he said.