At least six more birds died in the capital on Monday due to bird flu, taking the total deaths of migratory birds from the disease to 64, Delhi Animal Husbandry Minister Gopal Rai said. Rai, however, also said the anti-virus operation in the Deer Park in south Delhi was bearing results as only two bird deaths were reported there on Monday.
WHAT ELSE IS MAKING NEWS
As many as 17 birds died in the Deer Park on Saturday, and 10 died on Sunday. The deaths of four other birds on Monday were reported from a lake behind Shakti Sthal near Raj Ghat here, Rai said. We have started close monitoring of the lake along with other locations. But with bird deaths being reported from more locations, there is need to increase vigilance,” Rai said.
He issued a health advisory with a detailed list of do’s and don’ts for the residents of the city. The measures recommended in the advisory include one to avoid eating of raw or half-boiled eggs and meat. Rai on Monday held a meeting of the coordination committee in the Delhi Secretariat to consider further action on checking the spread of H5N8 influenza virus.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He ordered all government departments to spread “chuna” (lime powder) around every water body. The minister also ordered them to spray antivirus Sodium Hypochlorite around all water bodies where birds gather.