Six police constables were suspended while two others were transferred to Police Lines on Sunday after they were found extorting money and being “careless on duty” during surprise checks conducted by Senior Superintendent of Police, Ghaziabad, and other senior officers.
“The six constables who were suspended were posted in Sahibabad. On Sunday morning, at 2 am, I went to conduct a surprise visit in my private vehicle in Sahibabad because I had received a complaint from the station house officer that constables were indulging in illegal activities,” Dharmendra Singh, SSP (Ghaziabad), said.
Singh said he found the constables talking to a group of boys from Delhi, asking them to “give monetary gratification” to allow them to carry “liquor in their car”.
“No cash was found on the constables at the time. The boys weren’t drunk, neither were they creating nuisance. They were just carrying liquor, which in itself is not a crime. Besides, even if there was a problem, the cops should have brought them to a police station,” Singh said.
Singh said he had also received complaints about the two other policemen from Vijaynagar residents, who claimed that the policemen were not in their uniforms and not stationed at their posts.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“One of them was posted in the station itself, while the other was posted in Bypass Chowki. At 11.30 pm on Saturday, senior officers conducted a surprise check and found that they weren’t at their posts. They have been transferred for carelessness on duty,” a police officer said.