The government has formed a special investigation team (SIT) to probe the death of Manipuri man Akha Salouni, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju told the Lok Sabha on Tuesday amid din over the incident.
The Opposition, mostly MPs from Manipur and Kerala, trooped to the well protesting against the deteriorating law and order situation in the capital. Interrupting the ongoing discussion on the budgetary grants to the Ministry of Environment and Forest, they demanded a discussion on the matter.
Rijiju said the Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) is probing the case and three persons have been arrested in connection with Salouni’s murder. The protesting MPs, however, would hear none of it and they brandished newspaper reports claiming there was foul play in the victim’s autopsy report.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Rijiju termed Salouni’s death as “shocking and unfortunate”. Recounting the incident, he said according to police, Salouni was returning from Vasant Kunj with two of his friends on Monday night when a car — with the three accused in it — stopped in front of them and an altercation ensued over the right of way. “The two friends fled the spot while the victim was beaten up,” he said. “Three of the assailants have been arrested and efforts are on to arrest the remaining two.”
The minister said police have examined eye-witnesses Kazhiihrri and Nagendra Sharma and was going through the CCTV footage from the area.
“Three of the assailants, namely Bittu alias Rajeev, Shakti Basoya alias Shanky and Sanjay Singh Basoya have been arrested and efforts are on to arrest the remaining two,” Rijiju said.
Quoting the statement given by Kazhiihrri, the minister said the incident occurred when Salouni, Kazhiihrri and Sharma were returning to his house in an auto-rickshaw from Masoodpur, Vasant Kunj.
“They left the auto on the main road and began walking towards his house. Around five to six persons in a car stopped near the junction of Gurdwara Road and Nehru Road and picked up a quarrel over the issue of right of way and thereafter assaulted them,” Rijiju said.
He said the Delhi Police has registered a case under 302/34 IPC which deals Sith section 3 of SC/ST Act with Kotla Mubarakpur Police Station and investigation is on.