“I visited the flats in Bawana, which are in a good condition but lack basic facilities. For instance, there is no proper connectivity, water supply, etc. A re-think on this policy is needed because a person living in a slum area in Kalkaji will not be ready to shift to Bawana, where basic facilities are not available,” Sisodia said.
These flats were constructed by the Sheila government. Around 2,000 of the 14,000 flats have been allotted. The construction was taken up in 2008 and completed in 2011. The rest are yet to be allotted.
The government is supposed to construct at least 50,000 such houses across the city in areas such as Dwarka and Narela. The Aam Aadmi Party had earlier said it would not take up demolition of any slum cluster in the city without relocation of the residents.
Kejriwal had promised that no slum would be demolished till there is a solution to the issue. “No slum will be demolished till a permanent solution is found. If we demolish them, they will come up elsewhere as people have no place else to go. Since the issue has been raised by a lot of you (MLAs), we need to work together,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016