Thunder showers lashed the national capital on Wednesday to bring respite to Delhiites from the hot and humid conditions even as the city geared up to welcome the monsoon.
Although the MeT department did not declare the rainfall today as indicating the arrival of monsoon, it said that “the winds were no doubt like monsoon ones and they were also flowing from the Bay of Bengal”.
But BP Yadav, the IMD Director, said, “We will take data from our weather stations in western Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan and study the rainfall and wind patterns before declaring the arrival of monsoon in the national capital.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The city received 4mm rainfall between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM.
The rain pulled the mercury down with the day temperature today recorded at 36.6 degrees Celsius, which is normal for this part of the season. The minimum was at 25.5 degrees or two notches below normal.
The maximum on Tuesday had settled at 35.2 degrees, one notch below normal, while the minimum was one point above normal at 28.5 degrees.
Humidity in air fluctuated between 60 and 85 per cent.
The weatherman has forecast a partly cloudy sky with the possibility of rain and thundershowers in some areas tomorrow.
“The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to be around 36 and 26 degrees, respectively,” the MeT added.