Thunder showers lashed the national capital on Wednesday to bring respite to Delhiites from the hot and humid conditions even as the city geared up to welcome the monsoon.
Although the MeT department did not declare the rainfall today as indicating the arrival of monsoon, it said that “the winds were no doubt like monsoon ones and they were also flowing from the Bay of Bengal”.
But BP Yadav, the IMD Director, said, “We will take data from our weather stations in western Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan and study the rainfall and wind patterns before declaring the arrival of monsoon in the national capital.”
The city received 4mm rainfall between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM.
The rain pulled the mercury down with the day temperature today recorded at 36.6 degrees Celsius, which is normal for this part of the season. The minimum was at 25.5 degrees or two notches below normal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The maximum on Tuesday had settled at 35.2 degrees, one notch below normal, while the minimum was one point above normal at 28.5 degrees.
Humidity in air fluctuated between 60 and 85 per cent.
The weatherman has forecast a partly cloudy sky with the possibility of rain and thundershowers in some areas tomorrow.
“The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to be around 36 and 26 degrees, respectively,” the MeT added.