Light showers and thunderstorms in some areas of the national capital on Monday brought the much-needed respite from hot and humid weather for Delhiites on Monday as mercury dropped below the 40 degree mark settling at 38.8 degree Celsius, one notch above normal.
According to the MeT department, the city received 3 mm rain from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Earlier, the minimum temperature was registered at 28 degree Celsius, which was normal for this part of the season. Some areas of the national capital had also received light rain accompanied by strong winds in the night.
While the day temperature at Safdarjung observatory, considered the official reading of the city, settled at 38.8 degree Celsius, maximum temperature at Palam observatory was registered at 41 degree Celsius which was two points above normal. On Sunday, the maximum was recorded at 40 degree Celsius and the minimum 30.6 degree Celsius.
Humidity in the city continued to be on the higher side which remained between 71 and 40 per cent. The MeT department predicted possibility of very light to light rain and thunderstorm in some areas of the city on Tuesday.
“Very light rain and thunderstorms may occur in some areas of the national capital. The maximum and minimum may settle at 38 and 28 degrees, respectively,” said a MeT official.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More