Light showers and thunderstorms in some areas of the national capital on Monday brought the much-needed respite from hot and humid weather for Delhiites on Monday as mercury dropped below the 40 degree mark settling at 38.8 degree Celsius, one notch above normal.
According to the MeT department, the city received 3 mm rain from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Earlier, the minimum temperature was registered at 28 degree Celsius, which was normal for this part of the season. Some areas of the national capital had also received light rain accompanied by strong winds in the night.
While the day temperature at Safdarjung observatory, considered the official reading of the city, settled at 38.8 degree Celsius, maximum temperature at Palam observatory was registered at 41 degree Celsius which was two points above normal. On Sunday, the maximum was recorded at 40 degree Celsius and the minimum 30.6 degree Celsius.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Humidity in the city continued to be on the higher side which remained between 71 and 40 per cent. The MeT department predicted possibility of very light to light rain and thunderstorm in some areas of the city on Tuesday.
“Very light rain and thunderstorms may occur in some areas of the national capital. The maximum and minimum may settle at 38 and 28 degrees, respectively,” said a MeT official.