Delhi residents finally got some respite from the blistering week-long heat. The capital saw scattered rainfall and strong winds on Thursday. The Met department has forecast similar weather conditions for Friday and the maximum and minimum temperature are expected to hover around 41 degree Celsius and 31 degree Celsius, respectively.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the city received 0.8 mm of rainfall until 5.30 pm. The maximum temperature stood at 41.1 degree Celsius, two degrees above normal, down from Wednesday’s 43.6 degree Celsius. The minimum temperature in the city was recorded at 30.5 degree Celsius — three degrees above normal.
“The thunderstorms were due to fresh moisture supplied by the South-Westerly winds from the Arabian Sea. Thunderstorms occurred all over the city accompanied with some light rainfall,” Dr Rajendra Kumar Jenamani, director in-charge of IGI Meteorological department, said.
According to the Met department, humidity remained between 57 per cent and 31 per cent during the day. The winds touched a speed of 70 kmph and 80 kmph at the Safdarjung and Palam observatories, respectively.
Source: Indian Meteorological Department
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review