The Special Cell on Wednesday claimed that it prevented a planned shootout at the Rohini courts complex with the arrest of 10 persons who were part of the Neeraj Bawana-Naveen Baali gang.
Special Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) S N Shrivastava said the 10 men, one of whom was disguised as lawyer, had come to the court to kill Pradeep Bhola, a member of their rival Neetu Dabodia gang. All 10 were arrested from the premises of Rohini court.
Explaining the sequence of events, Shrivastava said, “Naveen Baali’s younger brother Rahul is currently lodged at Rohini jail. He was arrested in the roadrage case in which Bawana and his brother were killed. Pradeep, who had murdered a member of the Bawana-Baali gang, is also lodged in the same jail. As the two rival gang members were in the same prison, Naveen feared that there was a threat to Rahul’s life and a plan was hatched to kill Pradeep.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Shrivastava said the plan was masterminded by Naveen, who is presently lodged in Nemka jail in Faridabad. Police said they received information that a shootout was being planned to murder Pradeep during one of his court appearances. Several teams were formed to get more inputs, police said.
“We learnt that the shootout was to take place on Wednesday at the Rohini court and we deployed our men on the court premises. Our teams managed to arrested all 10 gang members from different parts of the court premises before the shootout could happen,” Shrivastava said. Police said Vikas Dabas alias Fauji, a contract killer, had been hired to kill Pradeep. He was nabbed while trying to enter the court premises through the lawyers’ gate.
Shrivastava said Dabas was dressed in a lawyer’s gown and was carrying files to ensure that he was not frisked at the gate. Police said Dabas was hired to pull the trigger as Pradeep did not know him by face. “The plan was to shoot Pradeep from point-blank range. As Pradeep did not know Dabas, he would not have raised the alarm on spotting Dabas disguised as a lawyer. The others were there to create a small ruckus once the shooting took place, so that Dabas would get a chance to escape. All arrested are residents of Sultanpur Dabas village in Bawana, Outer Delhi,” a police officer said. Police have recovered six firearms from their possession.