The Special Cell on Wednesday claimed that it prevented a planned shootout at the Rohini courts complex with the arrest of 10 persons who were part of the Neeraj Bawana-Naveen Baali gang.
Special Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) S N Shrivastava said the 10 men, one of whom was disguised as lawyer, had come to the court to kill Pradeep Bhola, a member of their rival Neetu Dabodia gang. All 10 were arrested from the premises of Rohini court.
Explaining the sequence of events, Shrivastava said, “Naveen Baali’s younger brother Rahul is currently lodged at Rohini jail. He was arrested in the roadrage case in which Bawana and his brother were killed. Pradeep, who had murdered a member of the Bawana-Baali gang, is also lodged in the same jail. As the two rival gang members were in the same prison, Naveen feared that there was a threat to Rahul’s life and a plan was hatched to kill Pradeep.”
Shrivastava said the plan was masterminded by Naveen, who is presently lodged in Nemka jail in Faridabad. Police said they received information that a shootout was being planned to murder Pradeep during one of his court appearances. Several teams were formed to get more inputs, police said.
“We learnt that the shootout was to take place on Wednesday at the Rohini court and we deployed our men on the court premises. Our teams managed to arrested all 10 gang members from different parts of the court premises before the shootout could happen,” Shrivastava said. Police said Vikas Dabas alias Fauji, a contract killer, had been hired to kill Pradeep. He was nabbed while trying to enter the court premises through the lawyers’ gate.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Shrivastava said Dabas was dressed in a lawyer’s gown and was carrying files to ensure that he was not frisked at the gate. Police said Dabas was hired to pull the trigger as Pradeep did not know him by face. “The plan was to shoot Pradeep from point-blank range. As Pradeep did not know Dabas, he would not have raised the alarm on spotting Dabas disguised as a lawyer. The others were there to create a small ruckus once the shooting took place, so that Dabas would get a chance to escape. All arrested are residents of Sultanpur Dabas village in Bawana, Outer Delhi,” a police officer said. Police have recovered six firearms from their possession.