The Delhi government on Thursday started sending out invites for the swearing-in of Chief Minister-designate Arvind Kejriwal and his council of ministers on Saturday.
All former chief ministers of Delhi,including Sheila Dikshit and Sushma Swaraj,former Lt-Governors and all MLAs of the city will be invited. BJPs Harsh Vardhan,too,will be invited since he is the Krishna Nagar MLA.
The AAP has asked us to send special invites to Kiran Bedi,Anna Hazare and Santosh Hegde, an official said.
Following protocol,Lt-Governor Najeeb Jung will arrive after all the invitees do.
Ministers and other dignitaries will arrive at the Ramlila Maidan first and Jung will be there before noon. There will be LED screens at the venue for a clear view of the proceedings, he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Congress sources said Dikshits attendance at the ceremony was tentative as she was likely to be out of Delhi.
Harsh Vardhan said he would take a decision after a BJP meeting on Friday. All BJP MLAs are meeting on Friday. A decision will be taken only then, he said.
Incidentally,the date of the swearing-in coincides with the 128th anniversary of the foundation of the Congress,which is extending outside support to the AAP.
Kejriwal will take oath as Delhis seventh CM along with ministers Manish Sisodia,Rakhi Birla,Somnath Bharti,Saurabh Bhardwaj,Girish Soni and Satyendra Jain.
Anna to skip swearing-in <\b>
Anna Hazare on Thursday said he would not be attending the swearing-in ceremony of Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday. Hazares private secretary Datta Awari said Hazare has been asked by his doctors not to travel. Sources in Hazares office also said Hazare had not received any invitation till Thursday evening.