“She would beat me with whatever she had in her hands. Wiper, kitchen spoons or broom, she would beat me with anything she could find. She even threatened to kill me. I think she did not like me”.
This is what the 14 year-old girl from Jharkand, who was rescued from a businessman’s residence in Gurgaon on Wednesday, had to say about her employer Sweta Jain.
Recalling her ordeal in the seven months she had worked for Sagar Jain and his wife Sweta, she said her employers forced her to work even when she was unwell.
- ‘He beat me like a dog’: girl student accuses TMCP leader of molestation
- Was Lured Into ‘Marriage’ By 24-Year-Old Rescued from verge of sex trade, 13-yr-old reunites with family
- Forced into marriage and raped, 15-yr-old girl rescued by Noida police
- Jharkhand girl found in Gurgaon, officials suspect trafficking
- Didi used CCTVs to record my every move, fed me after seeing footage, says ‘torture’ victim
- Businessman, who allegedly ill-treated teenage girl in Gurgaon, arrested by police
“I was given very little food and sometimes no food at all. I was kept locked inside the house when the family went out. When they had guests, I would be locked up inside a room and asked not to make any noise,” she said.
Doctors found at least nine injuries on the girl. She had injuries on her right scapula, multiple abrasions on her back, bruises on her left hand, right elbow and thighs, said Suchi Kaushik, the doctor who examined the girl.
Her right elbow and left foot were severely swollen and there were bruises over both her eyes, stated the medical report. Doctors also found a knife injury on her back, which was reportedly a few days old.