With a just a few months to go for the Assembly elections,Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party announced its first shortlist of 44 candidates for Delhis 12 constituencies. Prominent members Manish Sisodia and Shazia Ilmi also made it to the shortlist.
Most of the candidates have been listed as businessmen and introductions for many say they have participated in AAP protests. Other specifics regarding profession and property were vague. Asked about specifics,Kejriwal said,It will be on our website shortly.
Shortlisted candidates include members of Delhi government disaster management committee,former Bharatiya Janata Party and Congress workers. A property dealer,an IIT graduate,an organiser of sports competitions in Najafgarh,businessmen,retired defence personnel,engineers,RTI activists,a CPI (ML) member,unsuccessful candidates contesting councillors elections,a car cleaner,the chief of dargah Matka Peer and a gym owner also figure in the list.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Kejriwal said 106 people had applied for the seats,of which 44 were shortlisted by the candidate screening committee. The 12 finalists would be declared by June 15.
The objective was to ensure that these people were popular local faces and did not have criminal cases registered against them. We request the public to give us evidence against the shortlisted candidates, Kejriwal said.
He also said the party had collected Rs 2 crore through donations and had received $100 from NRIs.
The candidates will participate in debates in their constituencies and will be elected by party volunteers,Kejriwal said. Even senior AAP members,including Sisodia and Ilmi could be voted out if other contenders from their constituency were more popular.
Kejriwal claimed that six chief minister candidates from BJP had approached him,asking for support for one candidate. They told me that if even one was declared CM,they would support me, he said without taking names.
And their declarations
Education: Diploma in Journalism
Property: One house each in Vasundhara and Pandav Nagar
Record: Cases registered during protests
Constituency: RK Puram
Education: MA in Journalism
Work experience: Star News,Zee News and Times of India
Property: Owns a flat with her husband,stake in husbands ancestral property
Constituency: Greater Kailash
Record: Case against husband over property dispute
Constituency: Malviya Nagar
Education: IIT graduate,lawyer
Credentials: Fighting case for youth falsely implicated during Dec 16 gangrape protests
Gulab Singh Yadav
Work experience: Organises sports competition in Matiala
Manas Kumar Rajan
Constituency: R K Puram
Education: Has an MBA
Used to live abroad. Came to India when Anna Hazare was sent to Tihar.