A senior executive with a consultancy firm was arrested on Monday for allegedly stabbing his wife to death at their home here, police said.
Rajnish Singh (44), an alumnus of IIM-Ahmedabad, suspected his wife Shweta Bindra (36) of having an illicit affair and after an argument yesterday he stabbed her several times in the chest and stomach, said Jitnedra Rana, Station House Officer, Badshapur.
They were staying in a flat at Parsvanath Green Ville, on Sohna road here. The couple also ran a play school in the locality.
Singh himself informed the police and Shweta’s parents about the incident and confessed his crime.
The couple was married for nine years and had three children. When the incident occurred, their 7-year-old daughter and 11-month-old son were at the home while their 5-year-old daughter was away at a relative’s residence.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
According to the SHO, Singh suspected his wife of having an illicit relationship with another person and despite his requests she continued to contact that person.
After the couple had an argument yesterday morning, Singh stabbed Shweta several times in the chest and stomach using a kitchen knife, he said. A post mortem examination would be conducted this evening,
Rana said, adding, the accused would also be produced before a Judicial Magistrate today and his police custody would be sought.