Weeks after the Delhi High Court directed the Department of Women and Child Development and the Delhi Police to come up with a solution to the security problems plaguing juvenile observation homes in the city, the two government agencies have finally come to a consensus for a temporary arrangement.
The court directions had come as a result of several incidents of violence, arson and escape from Juvenile homes last year.
On Monday, the Delhi Police, through Additional Solicitor General Siddharth Luthra, filed an affidavit before the court of Justice S Ravindra Bhat and Justice Vibhu Bakhru stating that the two departments had come to a consensus.
According to the affidavit, under the new policy, officials at the juvenile homes can contact the police command room, which is headed by an assistant commissioner of police, in case of emergent situations, while for other issues they can get in touch with the nodal officers who are joint commissioner-level officers.
The affidavit also states that the arrangement will be implemented for three months, following which will be reviewed and any gaps would be rectified.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The WCD had earlier asked for a dedicated police unit and had sought appointment of a joint commissioner-level nodal officer to coordinate with the department in case any emergency situation or violence erupted at a juvenile home. The police had, however, opposed the proposal of the WCD, and had put forward its alternate proposals, arguing that the juvenile homes could contact the ACP of the command room at the headquarters, since the ACP would have the reserve police and the PCR systems.