Arvind Kejriwal came in for some criticism from former Team Anna member Kiran Bedi for lack of organisation at the AAP’s first Janta Durbar in Delhi on Saturday. She said the chaos at the public meeting was a sign of Kejriwal’s “inexperience” and he needed to “listen, absorb and take considered decisions”.
She said Kejriwal had “made friends of his enemies” by opposing the BJP and allowing the “Congress to use him”.
Bedi told Newsline, “No one can claim that he has experience as an administrator. He’s a very strong activist and a very strong organiser. But during this public meeting, his inexperience showed.”
She said Kejriwal needed to realise that public meetings couldn’t be held on the streets. “Public meetings need to be conducted in offices and not on streets. He needs to give himself time. There is a difference between giving yourself deadlines and rushing,” Bedi said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The retired IPS officer said, “The entire anti-corruption movement was against the Congress. Whether we were talking about the Coal scam, or the 2G scam, we were not against the BJP. In fact, we sought time from both Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj to help us formulate the Jan Lokpal Bill,” she said.
Bedi had worked with Kejriwal and was part of Team Anna during the Janlokpal movement in 2011. Explaining the differences that had led her to leave the movement, Bedi said the Jan Lokpal Bill agitation was “not against the BJP” and the split was in part due to Arvind Kejriwal’s decision to “hit out at all parties”.