Arvind Kejriwal came in for some criticism from former Team Anna member Kiran Bedi for lack of organisation at the AAP’s first Janta Durbar in Delhi on Saturday. She said the chaos at the public meeting was a sign of Kejriwal’s “inexperience” and he needed to “listen, absorb and take considered decisions”.
She said Kejriwal had “made friends of his enemies” by opposing the BJP and allowing the “Congress to use him”.
Bedi told Newsline, “No one can claim that he has experience as an administrator. He’s a very strong activist and a very strong organiser. But during this public meeting, his inexperience showed.”
She said Kejriwal needed to realise that public meetings couldn’t be held on the streets. “Public meetings need to be conducted in offices and not on streets. He needs to give himself time. There is a difference between giving yourself deadlines and rushing,” Bedi said.
The retired IPS officer said, “The entire anti-corruption movement was against the Congress. Whether we were talking about the Coal scam, or the 2G scam, we were not against the BJP. In fact, we sought time from both Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj to help us formulate the Jan Lokpal Bill,” she said.
Bedi had worked with Kejriwal and was part of Team Anna during the Janlokpal movement in 2011. Explaining the differences that had led her to leave the movement, Bedi said the Jan Lokpal Bill agitation was “not against the BJP” and the split was in part due to Arvind Kejriwal’s decision to “hit out at all parties”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More