The Delhi Police are on the lookout for thieves who made away with the razorback bicycle belonging to the daughter of a joint secretary rank officer, from their home in Chanakyapuri. The joint secretary, identified as Manoj Kumar Pingua, is posted with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and lives with his wife and two daughters in Satya Marg.
A senior officer said the complaint was made by the officer’s personal secretary on April 1. “Kumar told police that the bicycle was parked near the stairs and was locked by a chain. The theft occurred on March 29,” the officer said. Kumar, in his complaint, also claimed that their domestic help’s bicycle was stolen from the premises a few days ago.
- Forensic lab to check if balloons filled with semen: 21-year-old held for ‘throwing balloons at two LSR students’
- Chandigarh: Crime branch taken from SSP, now put under SP
- Mohali: In five months, thieves strike at three govt offices
- GRP officials in next coach ‘fast asleep’, women passengers robbed on train
- Youth stabbed to death in Delhi’s Rani Bagh: Police
- In Lutyens’ Delhi, the mystery of the missing nameplates
Police said a case under Section 379 (theft) of the IPC was registered at Chanakyapuri police station. “Several teams have been constituted to nab the thieves. We are conducting raids at their possible hideouts and are hopeful to make the arrests soon,” an officer said.