The Delhi Police are on the lookout for thieves who made away with the razorback bicycle belonging to the daughter of a joint secretary rank officer, from their home in Chanakyapuri. The joint secretary, identified as Manoj Kumar Pingua, is posted with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and lives with his wife and two daughters in Satya Marg.
A senior officer said the complaint was made by the officer’s personal secretary on April 1. “Kumar told police that the bicycle was parked near the stairs and was locked by a chain. The theft occurred on March 29,” the officer said. Kumar, in his complaint, also claimed that their domestic help’s bicycle was stolen from the premises a few days ago.
- Snatching, two cases of theft reported; two arrested
- Five months on, twist in NFC death: Cops say victim strangled, arrest two men
- Mohali: Thieves strike at judge’s house, make off with Rs 6,000 and LED screen
- In Delhi's biggest heist, thieves steal jewellery worth Rs 12 crore
- Jewellery, cash stolen from Air Force officer’s Lutyens’ house
- Delhi Police arrests 6 for extorting money from couples
Police said a case under Section 379 (theft) of the IPC was registered at Chanakyapuri police station. “Several teams have been constituted to nab the thieves. We are conducting raids at their possible hideouts and are hopeful to make the arrests soon,” an officer said.